Tuesday, November 8, 2011

This is your character Development Center

This post is the one I would like my players to respond to when making there proposals or general response to what there character is doing during the gaps between game play. I hope that you all have fun with this and become closer to your character. Thank you for taking your time to develop your character and his/her many different or lessor personas. Please more importantly have some fun...

Rules:
The effects of what happens will not affect the campaign you are in on game nights. They will take affect before the next campaign. Unless other wise agreed upon by DM and group.

This is not related to game night games. This is to help gain a persona and not just a guy that shows up.

You may pay for training during this period of time to increase your Experience. This, how every, is extremely costly.

You may buy hirelings and use them for your general tasks, train them, and many other things.

It is ok to receive help from other characters whom would like to help you with your tasks. This however is not necessary nor mandatory.

You must have some where to house your hirelings before you can hire them. You may want to think as a group of a home town. If you would like to use the Barony of Haden, which is where you are now then that is exceptable. Just let me know. This will be where your gold and home base will be.

If there is anything else you feel I should add please feel free to let me know.

8 comments:

  1. My character needs to find some bat wings. He is wants to search for them to complete the ingredients needed for awesome armor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well here are the resources you will need to obtain your Bat Wings:
    Climbing Gear 100gold
    Guide 100gold

    Let me know when you are ready to strike out on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you and Brandon are both looking to make some coin. You guys may be able to join forces to get it. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh grand GM of awesomeness! I wish to make a 2nd level spell and hopefully add it to my know spells since lvl 2 is weak. If you wish it to be a scroll or enhanced gem like item that is understandable. Here is my proposed spell....

    Missiles of the elements
    Lvl 2
    Range: sight
    Save: none, but resistance applies
    Description: spell takes the form of magical sparks of energy that hurl towards the target. At the time of casting, caster chooses which elemental damage type is imbued. 1 missile will do 1d4 +1 damage. 3d4+3 at lvl 5 and 5d4+5 at lvl 10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to know what spell you are forgetting to remember this spell before I can give you a total cost. Here is the estimate.
    300 exp
    300 gold

    You must successfully forget one of your spells to create this one.(The spell can not be Magic Missile, for the obvious reasons.) Depending on what spell you choose those totals listed may go up or down. Due to the component costs and Brain Power needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True story, I can not find very much about spell creation. There is very little out there on the possibilities of making spells. I am beginning to think that this is not commonly accepted.

    We will give it a go any ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still shocked I'm not seeing anything either on spell creation. This has the potential to also be overpowered like item creation, but I'll try to monitor myself. I looked through my spells and would like to drop the wizard lock spell. It seems redundant since I already have the all powerful hold portal spell. I'm thinking a fair equation to use in creation would be spell level squared * $100. And take a week per spell level to perfect and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To create a spell has many rewards, it too must have its many negatives. My costs will stay the same since you are removing a same level spell that is not nearly as strong as this one.
    To be honest I almost feel like this should be a 3rd level spell, because you are able to pick the damage type. I will allow it to be a 2nd level spell.

    ReplyDelete